Look for updates on this page regarding upcoming tryouts, schedules and other information regarding Athletics at Annunciation Catholic Academy.
Athletic programs play an important role in the total educational experience offered at Annunciation Catholic Academy. They are one more way in which ACA helps each student realize the full range of his or her talents and abilities. Students at Annunciation have the opportunity to participate on both competitive and non-competitive teams.
Catholic Youth Sports (CYS) is a Not-For-Profit Organization dedicated to the development of youth sports throughout the Catholic parishes of Central Florida. The vision of the league is to develop players in mind, body and soul to help them grow as individuals, both physically and spiritually. Through proper instruction, training, and encouragement, players are taught to be lifelong champions, both on and off the field of play.
CYS manages and runs the sports program for the Diocese of Orlando. The program consists of a recreational division for students in grades PK4 – 5 and a competitive division for students in grades 5 – 8. The middle school sports offered are boys and girls soccer, track, basketball and volleyball. The sports offered for PK4 – 5 are soccer, flag football, girls lacrosse, 3 v 3 soccer, basketball.
A few facts about the league
- Established in 1991 as a soccer program with 250 student-athletes.
- Today, it services over 2,000 student-athletes throughout the year.
- Programs at various levels include soccer, volleyball, basketball, track, flag football, girls lacrosse.
- Competitive sports offered at the middle school level.
- Developmental/recreational sports offered at the grade school level.
- All CYS coaches undergo a FBI background check and Safe Enviroment Training.
- All CYS coaches are required to attend a Play Like a Champion Today Educational Series workshop.
Academic and Conduct Requirements
Representing the school in the sports program of the Diocese and participation in other clubs and organizations is a privilege extended to students. There are certain academic and conduct requirements for students who wish to participate.
Students must maintain a combined average of at least 77% in the six major subject areas (science, social studies, religion, language arts, Spanish and mathematics); and students may not have an F in any major subject.
Students must be recommended by their teachers based on their cooperation with school rules and regulations and their conduct in class.
Eligibility is determined by performance in the prior grading period. The end-of-year report card is used in determining eligibility for activities during the first grading period of the following year.
Middle School Sports Year in Review
- ACA won the Principal’s Cup – Award given to the school that accumulates the most points throughout the school year in all sports.
- 6 Championship Teams – Girls – Varsity Basketball, Varsity Volleyball and Track. Boys – JJV & JV Volleyball and JJV Basketball.
- 1 – 2nd Place finish – Girls Varsity Soccer
- 3 – 4th place finishes – Boys Varsity Basketball and Soccer and Girls JV Soccer
- 27 – Scholar Athletes – Athletes who participated in at least 3 sports and maintained a 90% Cumulative GPA.
- 17 – 4 Sport Athletes
The ACA community includes many enthusiastic fans who show wonderful school spirit. Our colors are blue, silver and white. Our mascot is STARS (Students and Teachers Always Reaching for Success).