Due to the financial impact that COVID-19 has had on so many families, there will be no tuition increase for the 2020-2021 academic year. Established tuition rates for this school year (2019-2020) will remain the same through June 2021.
Tuition rates for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows:
|10 Month Plan
Paid July 1st – April 30th
|12 Month Plan
Paid July 1st – June 30th
|Active Parishioner Rate||$7,350||$735 per month||$613 per month|
|General Community Rate||$8,750||$875 per month||$730 per month|
Please know that we are sensitive to the fact that tuition impacts a family’s budget. To help manage this expense across the year, Annunciation Catholic Academy offers two options for monthly payments. Due to the automated features of FACTS Tuition Management, there will be a 12 month tuition payment option in addition to the 10 month plan. Given these options, the total tuition is divided over the number of months you choose. The first tuition payment for either payment plan will begin July 1.
Tuition includes all books and fees except the annual registration fee.
The active parishioner rate is only awarded to Catholic parishioners. The Pastor and Principal will determine which families qualify for the active parishioner rate based on the following criteria:
- Regular attendance at Mass
- Use of the stewardship envelope system
- Involvement in parish ministry (for example: lector, usher, Eucharist Minister, special parish projects, etc.)
- Registered members of the parish for at least one year
Financial Aid Application
Must be completed for each family applying for financial aid. The online application must be submitted no later than March 15. To apply for financial aid, click on this link: FACTS and create an account.
For information regarding financial aid, please contact our bookkeeper at FINANCIALAID@ANNUNCIATIONACADEMY.ORG.
Step Up for Students
Step Up For Students provides K-12 scholarships for low-income school children. Does your family qualify for the free or reduced lunch program? If so, you may qualify for this program too. Students who qualify may receive more than $4,000 for private school tuition. Please click here to learn more.
Annunciation Catholic Academy Endowment and Charitable Trust
The Annunciation Catholic Academy Endowment and Charitable Trust has been established with the Catholic Diocese of Orlando to ensure that our parish school maintains a margin of long term excellence in its facilities, equipment, curriculum and programs that tuition revenues alone may not be able to support. Specifically, the Trust seeks to assist the school in achieving the following objectives:
- Tuition Assistance: The Annunciation Catholic Academy School Board has established the goal of providing up to 50% tuition assistance for 15% of the students attending the Academy. It is the intention of this goal to provide cultural and economic diversity among the student body and to increase the accessibility of Catholic education to a broader base of parishioners. All requests for financial assistance are processed by an independent advisory company.
- Continuing Education for Faculty & Administrators: In order to recruit and retain excellent faculty and administrative staff members, Annunciation Catholic Academy intends to initiate programs of continuing education to foster professional growth for its faculty and staff members. The programs will range from “in-service” workshops held within the Diocese to formal degree course work at area colleges and universities.
- Technology and Curriculum Enhancements: Educating children to live their faith in a global, technological society requires a considerable investment of resources. Keeping pace with new developments in technology and curriculum cannot be absorbed into reasonable annual tuition fees. Maintaining the Academy’s position as a model of effective technology integration for cognitive and academic purposes is essential for the school to continue its commitment to excellence in all areas.
About the Trust
The Annunciation Catholic Academy Endowment and Charitable Trust establishes two funds:
- A general operating account where contributed funds may be dispersed on an annual basis to meet tuition assistance and other current educational needs.
- An endowment fund which specifies that the corpus cannot be invaded and only the interest earned thereon can be used for approved expenditures.
Unless otherwise specified, funds contributed to the Trust will be deposited into the general operating account where current needs will be met. All residual funds will then be transferred to the endowment fund for long term investment.
Funds contributed to the Trust are managed for Annunciation Catholic Academy by professional money market managers who are evaluated and rated by professional investment advisors on a quarterly basis. The Trustees follow a sophisticated and diverse investment strategy in an effort to achieve financial returns consistent with the Trust’s objectives. All funds contributed to the Trust are tax deductible.
We may not be able to live forever, but naming the Annunciation Catholic Academy Endowment and Charitable Trust as a beneficiary in a will, insurance policy or trust will enrich the lives of untold generations of students through future endowments. The bequest can even be held in trust to benefit a spouse or family member and thereafter be used to carry out the interest of the donor whether in tuition assistance, faculty and staff development and curriculum enhancement.
Bequests offer the opportunity to give now while paying later. Charitable trusts provide an annual income to the donor, while offering a charitable deduction and reducing capital gains taxes. Estate taxes can be reduced through planned giving. Charitable trusts, life insurance, appreciated assets, annuities and bequests provide excellent vehicles for giving a larger gift while preserving current income. The Development Office of Annunciation Catholic Academy would welcome the opportunity to discuss the many options available.
For more information concerning special bequests, please contact Very Rev. Stephen D. Parkes, V.F. or Patricia L. Kahle, who will arrange a private and confidential meeting with the appropriate development officer.
All donors to the Trust will be included on the school’s mailing list and will be sent an annual report detailing the activities of the Trust.
If you wish to be a partner with Annunciation Catholic Academy in fostering educational excellence within the Annunciation parish community, we hope you will become an active supporter of the Annunciation Catholic Academy Endowment and Charitable Trust. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact:
Very Rev. Stephen D. Parkes, V.F., Pastor
Annunciation Catholic Church
P.O. Box 3846, Longwood, FL 32779
Patricia L. Kahle, Principal
Annunciation Catholic Academy
593 Jamestown Blvd., Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
An application for tuition assistance can be obtained from the school’s bookkeeper at FINANCIALAID@ANNUNCIATIONACADEMY.ORG. The Financial Aid Application must be completed for each family applying for financial aid.