Annunciation Catholic Pre-School, established in 1992, is dedicated to providing high-quality day care and early childhood education for children from the age of six weeks to Pre-K of registered Annunciation Catholic Church parishioners. It has a loving, dedicated staff of administrators and trained teachers working with the children. We maintain a low student-teacher ratio. Annunciation Catholic Pre-School believes children will learn best through active participation. The administration encourages parent’s participation through our parent-led organization, T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More).in their children’s education through Together Everyone Achieves More (T.E.A.M.), our parents’ organization.
Classes are grouped into infants, toddlers (younger and older), twos (younger and older), threes, and fours. The child’s age on September 1 determines in which class he/she may be enrolled. Children must be fully potty-trained to attend the threes and fours. Teachers work with parents to potty train their children prior to transitioning to the threes.
Annunciation Catholic Pre-School is licensed by the state of Florida and meets or exceeds all of the state’s requirements as established by the Department of Children and Families.
Annunciation Catholic Pre-School has been a Seminole County Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) provider since 2008. As part of the VPK program, children are tested when they begin kindergarten at the beginning of the following year to assess the effectiveness of the VPK program in which they participated. Annunciation Catholic Pre-School children, tested in 2009 to assess the Center’s effectiveness during the 2008-2009 school year, had the top scores in Seminole County. Annunciation Catholic Pre-School earned a score of 200, which is the highest score possible. Please contact us or visit the Seminole County’s VPK website for more details.
Our curriculum is comprehensive and includes art, music, and Spanish, as well as the Happily Ever After reading program. Happily Ever After is a readiness curriculum designed to prepare children for reading instruction. It includes beautifully-illustrated stories, lively discussions, and a great variety of hands-on activities that delight children and foster confidence as it systematically builds the skills they need to learn to read. We also offer Computer Enrichment as extra-curricular activities in the afternoons.
Our curriculum identifies goals in all areas of development:
- Spiritual – To know that Jesus loves all children and to learn how Jesus would want us to treat others through simple prayers and Bible stories.
- Social – To help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends, and feel they are a part of the group.
- Emotional – To help children experience pride and self-confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
- Cognitive – To help children become confident learners by letting them try out their own ideas and experience success, and by helping them acquire learning skills such as the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
- Physical – To help children increase their large and small muscle skills and feel confident about what their bodies can do.